Are you a detail-oriented person who enjoys working with words and the Web? Do you have a passion for sharing spiritual truths in thought-provoking ways? You could be an ideal candidate for our third Compass internship! Read on for more information…
The Compass Magazine is seeking a highly self-motivated marketing/news intern to assist with digital marketing and news articles. The intern may start immediately, or by March 31, 2019, at latest. The initial internship will extend through May 2019. Strong potential exists for continued part-time work after the internship.
Duties may include:
- Social media posting
- Proofreading and/or editing articles
- Boosting Facebook posts
- Optimizing article headlines for readability
The intern will also have the opportunity to write blog posts and/or news articles for Compass if desired. Pay will be per article rather than hourly.
- Excellent grammatical and proofreading skills
- Experience with WordPress or other online content management systems
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic photo editing skills (cropping, resizing)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision (intern will work remotely via Internet)
- Ability to meet short deadlines (1-7 days)
- Commitment to the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Background or interest in theology desired but not required
Intern must have access to a computer, software (including Microsoft Word), and Internet connection.
Training and supervision will be provided by Compass Magazine’s Managing Editor, Seth Roberts.
Pay: $10 per hour
Hours: Up to 10 hours per week
Application deadline: March 8, 2018
The Compass Magazine is an online source of news and information about issues affecting the Seventh-day Adventist Church. We offer well-researched, Bible-based articles that encourage thoughtful discussion and dialogue in an environment that supports the church and its beliefs.