Are you a detail-oriented person who enjoys working with words and the Web? Do you have a passion for sharing spiritual truths in thought-provoking ways? You could be an ideal candidate for our first Compass internship! Read on for more information:
The Compass Magazine seeks a highly self-motivated editorial/web intern to assist with online publication of articles. Intern may start immediately, or by mid-May 2016 at latest. Initial internship will extend through end of summer 2016. Strong potential exists for continued part-time work after the internship.
Duties may include:
- Formatting and posting articles on the Compass website
- Finding and formatting photos for use with articles
- Proofreading and/or editing articles
- Social media posting
The intern will also have the opportunity to write blog posts and/or news articles for Compass if desired. Pay will be per article rather than hourly.
- Excellent grammatical and proofreading skills
- Experience with WordPress or other online content management systems
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic photo editing skills (cropping, resizing)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision (intern will work remotely via Internet)
- Ability to meet short deadlines (1-7 days)
- Commitment to the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Background or interest in theology desired but not required
Intern must have access to a computer, software (including Microsoft Word), and Internet connection.
Training and supervision will be provided by Compass Managing Editor Rachel Cabose.
Pay: $9 per hour
Hours: up to 5 hours per week
To apply: Send resume and two writing samples (news/feature article, essay/blog, research paper) to: [email protected].
Application deadline: March 21, 2016
The Compass Magazine is an online source of news and information about issues affecting the Seventh-day Adventist Church. We offer well-researched, Bible-based articles that encourage thoughtful discussion and dialogue in an environment that supports the church and its beliefs.