Are you a detail-oriented person who enjoys working with words and the Web? Do you have a passion for sharing spiritual truths in thought-provoking ways? You could be an ideal candidate for our second Compass internship! Read on for more information…
The Compass Magazine is seeking a highly self-motivated editorial/web intern to assist with online publication of articles. The intern may start immediately, or by mid-October 2018 at the latest. The initial internship will extend through January 2019. Strong potential exists for continued part-time work after the internship.
Duties may include:
- Formatting and posting articles on the Compass website
- Finding and formatting photos for use with articles
- Proofreading and/or editing articles
- Social media posting
The intern will also have the opportunity to write blog posts and/or news articles for Compass Magazine if desired. Pay will be per article rather than hourly.
- Excellent grammatical and proofreading skills
- Experience with WordPress or other online content management systems
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic photo editing skills (cropping, resizing)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision (intern will work remotely via the Internet)
- Ability to meet short deadlines (1-7 days)
- Commitment to the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Background or interest in theology desired but not required
Intern must have access to a computer, software (including Microsoft Word), and Internet connection.
Training and supervision will be provided by the outgoing Compass Editorial Intern, Seth Roberts.
Pay: $10 per hour
Hours: Up to 10 hours per week
Application deadline: September 28, 2018
The Compass Magazine is an online source of news and information about issues affecting the Seventh-day Adventist Church. We offer well-researched, Bible-based articles that encourage thoughtful discussion and dialogue in an environment that supports the church and its beliefs.