As Seventh-day Adventists, we have often seen ourselves as the heirs of the Protestant Reformation and defenders of Sola Scriptura. Despite this, we seldom think about our indebtedness to the theological giants that came before us. So in honor of the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, The Compass Magazine invites you to submit an article for publication on our website discussing your favorite reformer or reformation topic.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- The Early Reformers (Huss, Wycliffe, etc.)
- The Magisterial Reformers (Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, etc.)
- The Radical Reformers (Anabaptists, Mennonites, etc.)
- The Importance of Sola Scriptura
- The Legacy of the Reformation in Adventism
- How Should Adventist Relate to Other Protestants? (Ecumenism, Isolationism, Remnant Theology)
- Your article should be clearly related to the Protestant Reformation.
- Length: 800-2500 words.
- Submit to [email protected] (pasted in email or as a Word document)
- Include a short biographical paragraph about yourself and a headshot digital photo.
- Compass will provide a small honorarium up to $200 (depending on length and quality) for articles we choose to publish, if they have not been published elsewhere. ( U.S. residents must provide a mailing address to receive payment. Non-U.S. residents must be able to receive payment via PayPal.)
- Deadline: We are accepting submissions through Sep 30, 2017. Earlier submissions will receive priority in acceptance and publication.
See our general writer’s guidelines for more information. We look forward to reading your submissions.
Sola Scriptura! Sola Fide! Sola Gratia!