As Seventh-day Adventists, the Sabbath is central to our history, our message, and our daily lives. Despite this, we too often get caught up in the rules and regulations–what we CAN’T or SHOULDN’T do–, rather than appreciating what a great gift the Sabbath truly is.
Why are you thankful for the gift of the Sabbath? How has the Sabbath personally impacted your life? What would you tell your friends if they asked, “What does the Sabbath mean to you?”
Send us your thoughts on “What the Sabbath Means to Me.” We’ll publish the best articles on our website. Here are the guidelines:
- Your article should highlight one or more key reasons you appreciate the Sabbath. Keep it short and simple. Stories that illustrate your point are great!
- Length: 300-800 words.
- Submit to [email protected] (pasted in email or as a Word document)
- Include a short biographical paragraph about yourself and a headshot photo.
- Compass will provide a small honorarium of $20 for articles we choose to publish, if they have not been published elsewhere. ( U.S. residents must provide a mailing address to receive payment. Non-U.S. residents must be able to receive payment via PayPal.)
- Deadline: We are accepting submissions through Dec 31, 2017.
To better reflect the worldwide nature of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, we especially invite submissions from outside the United States.
What does the Sabbath mean to you? It’s time to let the world know!