Update 2016.09.20 – Can’t make it to the event in person? You can still join us by live streaming at the indicated times here.
The Compass Magazine is happy to announce our first conference, Repairing the Breach: A Pathway to Racial Unity in the Church. We would like to extend a warm invitation to all of our readers to engage with one of the hottest topics in Adventism today, ethnic and cultural division in the church. Repairing the Breach is a conversation that is long past overdue. Join us for a weekend of biblical-based, intelligent, presentations and discussions on the topics of racial, cultural, and ethnic divisions, segregated church structures and how we as a church family can move forward and overcome these challenges to biblical unity.
Session Times and Location
- Dates: September 23-24, 2016
- Location: Pioneer Memorial Church (PMC) Youth Chapel at Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI
Friday Session, September 23
- Keynote Session: 8:30pm (EST) – “Climate Change: A Path to Racial Reconciliation” by Michael Nixon, Esq.
Sabbath Sessions, September 24
- Session I: 2pm (EST) – Presentations and Q&A with Drs. David Penno, Cleran Hollancid, and Jerome Skinner
- Session II: 3pm (EST) – Panel Discussion and Q&A with Drs. Dwight Nelson, David Penno, Cleran Hollancid, Jerome Skinner, and Michael Nixon, Esq.
- Session III: 4pm (EST) – Small Group Discussion & Unity Prayer
All sessions will be lives streamed at http://livestream.com/ppvida/repairingthebreach
Repairing the Breach is organized by The Compass Magazine, an online source of news and information about issues affecting the Seventh-day Adventist Church. We offer well-researched, Bible-based articles that encourage thoughtful discussion and dialogue in an environment that supports the church and its beliefs.
Watch all of the Repairing the Breach sessions below or on our YouTube Channel.
Keynote Session – Michael Nixon “Climate Change”
Presentations & Panel Discussion
Worship & Unity Prayer